Mr Onyia, Anthony A. Ag. Dean of school of Education.
He has the following qualification
- A………..2009 UNIZIK Awka
- A(ED)…1992 UNN
- NCE………1988 Anambra State Collage of Education
- C.II…….1983 Lourdes Training Collage Iwollo
He has worked with Enugu State University Basic Education board as Head of Section (HDS) Quality Assurance Unit and latter appointed Education secretary Udi local Government Education Authority.
Happily retired but not tired.
DEPARTMENTS THAT MAKE UP THE SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- The Department of Education
- The Department of Business Education
- The Department of Early Childhood And Care
The Department of Education undertakes general education courses which every student must pass before graduating. There is no subject combination in this department.
The Department of early childhood and care offers double major course and students in the department also study the general courses in education
In business Education department, students in their final year have the option of Accounting Or Office Tech. and Management.
PHILOSOPHY AND OBJECTIVES OF SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
In pursuance for the actualization of the philosophy of Nigerian Education as stipulated in the National policy on education (1981) revised, and that of the Institute, the school of education expectedly among others, includes:
- Production of well-motivated teachers with high personal and professional discipline, integrity and competence for all levels of the educational system.
- Preparation of teachers with appreciable expertise in curriculum planning, development and delivery, as well as competence in research, guidance counseling.
- Production of professional who can combine the use of conventional teaching strategies and world’s unfolding ICT in this generation and impacting of knowledge, attitudes and skills.
- production of teachers who will demonstrate desirable attributes in moral character development.
Click below to read the requirements for application