October 2, 2019
October 2, 2019
As an Institution owned by the church, she organizes a special retreat for her every member of staff of the institute at the beginning of every new academic session.
- One of the most important values of this retreat is the support for consistency of message within academic and non-academic affairs regarding standards and procedures and institutional direction, plans, and vision.
- Secondly is the creation of a better understanding of the limits of the work environments and daily stresses encountered by each sub-unit. This understanding will inevitably lead to better sharing, more timely requests for assistance, and better acceptance of time requirements for meeting each other’s needs.
- The third value is the full development of a team attitude among the members by their respecting each other’s expertise and working for the success of each other’s units.
- A fourth value is communicating with one another strategies that are working or not working in serving faculty, student, parent, and non-academic units’ needs.
- A fifth and critical value is the opportunity to share information about the future challenges units will be facing due to knowledge from environmental scanning and peer professional meetings that will inevitably affect other units in academic affairs.
- Finally, retreats are a time for individual development of communications skills, empathy, professional self-confidence, and personal appreciation of the work of each member to ensure the success of the Institute’s academic affairs